Join our Team
Military/First Responder Trauma and Grief Therapist
“When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary. The
people we trust with that important talk can help us know that we are not alone.”
― Fred Rogers
Finding Freedom Therapy has a wonderful, and somewhat rare, opportunity for skilled clinicians interested in working specifically
with trauma and grief clientele. We are looking for passionate, full-time licensed mental health clinicians (on a contract basis) who are wanting to genuinely make a difference by providing therapy for clients dealing with horrific or ongoing traumas.
We are a small, family friendly group practice with a very specific focus. We specialize in the more horrific, heart-breaking, and ongoing traumas. Not only do we work with military, veterans, first responders and frontline workers, we also work with the U.S. Office of the Attorney General with cases at the national level, as well as provide support for local tragedies to include everything from car wrecks to shootings. We are looking for skilled clinicians who are passionate about helping individuals heal after trauma or tragedy.
This is an excellent opportunity to hone your craft and make an impact in a powerful way.
Who we are looking for:
· Confident clinicians who want to move beyond generalized therapy and be a part of a mission to provide hope and healing to all individuals who have endured (or are continuing to endure) horrific traumas and unspeakable losses.
· Clinicians who are capable of gracefully being present with clients who have survived horrific and sometimes graphic traumas. It is vital that you are able to hear these events and provide care for our clients without being overwhelmed by them.
· Individuals who are familiar with the culture of the military/veterans and first responders or have a willingness to learn in order to provide the most impactful and culturally competent care to this population.
· Individuals with the motivation to push themselves to become more effective clinicians and to see visible results in treatment.
· Independent self-starters who are also open to being part of a team where the environment allows everyone to grow in their clinical crafts.
· Open-minded and accepting clinicians who can work with ALL individuals seeking to heal from tragedy or loss.
· Independence to set own schedule which is a hybrid of in-person and virtual sessions.
· Beautiful office space with windows and a private waiting room.
· Credentialing, billing, and administrative functions all provided.
· Access to fax, printer, and office supplies.
· Support for those venturing into the world of contracting for the first time (including referrals/guidance obtaining health insurance).
· Personalized caseload that is not inherited, so you work with the populations you are most skilled with.
· Friendly and relaxed office environment.
· Animal Assisted Therapy-dog, Lily, often present in office.
· Collaboration with other experienced therapists with expertise in trauma and grief.
· Ability to finally focus on your clients and do what you do best without all the hassle, risk, or overhead costs!
· Fully Licensed Clinician in the state of Texas.
· At least 2 years of experience working with trauma and grief.
· At least 1 year of experience working with military/veterans, first responders or frontline workers.
· Completion of evidence-based training or certification in a trauma and/or grief therapy modality (or willingness to obtain certification within first 3 months of contract).
About Finding Freedom Therapy
Finding Freedom Therapy was founded in 2015. Over the past eight and a half years, we have continued to grow in the community to serve those who struggle with loss, grief, and trauma. While we work with a wide array of clients, we specialize in working with military service members, veterans, police officers, fire fighters, and frontline workers; all individuals who deal with trauma and tragedy daily. Our goal at Finding Freedom Therapy is to treat trauma from every angle in order to promote healing and increase resilience.
About our work environment
As an independent contractor, you will get the best of both worlds here. You would be granted the freedom and flexibility to best serve our clients in ways you know work best for your skill set and your own clinical mission. At the same time, you will have the support and guidance of a combined 65 years of grief and trauma experience to help you grow in your own therapeutic craft. We offer many opportunities to collaborate, process cases, and expand knowledge on therapy modalities. By growing in who we are, it only expands our capabilities to genuinely empower our clients.
While I provide a great deal of support, mentorship, guidance, and assistance with connection throughout the community, it is a contract position and offers a substantial amount of freedom. You would create your own schedule and work around times that are best for you and your family. Self-care is always encouraged (because you cannot work such intense cases without taking care of yourself), and all clinicians work a hybrid model of choosing which days to work from home and which days to work from our beautiful office!
This is a small, family friendly group practice that strives to create a truly supportive and enjoyable work environment that allows you to be the best version of yourself so you can be the best therapist for our clients.
About our clinicians
Finding Freedom Therapy is an open and accepting environment where people from all cultures and backgrounds are welcome. We are advocates for all people to include LGBTQ+ and BIPOC. We welcome a diverse team of therapists. From the traditional to the eclectic! The only requirement is that you have a passion to make a genuine impact on trauma and grief.